A few of you may remember that I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award back in November by The Greek Housewife. Well I got sick (think I had the flu?) and never finished posting about that. I also apparently never finished my 30 Days of Thanks. Oops. Well now I have been nominated again by not one, but two lovely ladies: Danser Cheri from 2 Love Birds Building a Nest and Victoria from You Make Me Feel Like Dancing! Since I've already done the 11 Things About Me part, I'm just going to link you to that post. Everything is mostly the same as it was then, only I have a few more zebra items and I'm less confident my rainbow baby will be here quickly (I will have one though!).
Now on to the questions!
Vickie's Questions1. What frustrates you about blogging?
My ideas seem to come in waves. So I will have 50 things I want to blog about one week, and then nothing the next. I usually end up just not posting most of the stuff when I'm in the flood stage because I'm afraid I'm going to seem too inconsistent. I really need the schedule of posting every Wednesday or some weeks I might post everyday but then go a month without anything.
2. What do you love about blogging?
I love having an outlet, a space that is mine, to say whatever I want.
3. If you had 3 hours to yourself (no husband, no kids, no chores) what would you do?
The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world! Really though, as a SAHW I have a lot of free time as is. So I'd probably play around online, watch some Netflix, read, etc.
4. Apart from blogging, how do you spend your free time?
Playing around online, watching Netflix, reading, etc. =P
5. What is your favorite music? Artist?
I like what my husband calls Emo White Boy Music. My favorite artist is Anberlin.
6. Describe your ideal romantic dinner!
I don't know. Romantic dinners aren't really my thing.
7. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Pretty much the only exercise I do is yoga and pilates so I guess that. I liked dancing like stuff like zumba back when I could do it and not go into a pain crisis.
8. What is your favorite snack?
Pickles! Also Honey Nut Cheerios.
9. Do you have pets?
Yes, a 2 year old Yorkie whom I love super muches.
10. What is your all-time favorite movie?
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
11. What could you really live without? (object)
A food processor. We have one but we rarely use it. There are only a few things I'd miss having it for.
Danser Cheri's Questions1. What is your favorite color and why?
My favorite color goes back and forth between green and purple. I don't know why, I guess because they are pretty?
2. So, you have a blog. Why?
I wanted to start documenting our TTC journey so hopefully I could look back on it one day and think about how far we've come.
3. What is your goal for this year?
Read 30 books. I read 27 books last year so an extra three shouldn't be too hard.
4. What is the best song to describe your mood today?
Down With The Sickness
5. Who are the 3 most important people in your life and why?
Oooh this is so hard! DH would be the first one, then probably my mom, but I'm conflicted on the third one. I have two sisters so I really don't want to say one over the other.
6. How did you meet your significant other? (if single, what do you look for in a significant other?)
I met him on WoW. You can read more about that in my 11 Things About Me post.
7. If there was a $100 bill laying on the ground, would you take it? If so, what would you buy with it? If not, why?
Heck yeah I would take it! Only reason I wouldn't would be if I could easily tell who it belonged to, and then I would give it back. Otherwise I would take it and put it in the bank with the rest of our money.
8. Compare yourself to your 15 year old self. What would you tell him/her?
Honestly I can't remember what was going on when I was 15.
9. What is your worst vice?
Carbs. They are oh so good, and yet so bad.
10. Take your age and double it. Where do you see yourself at that age?
I would be 48. By then I see myself with a couple of kids one way or another, living somewhere other than Florida, but other than that it's hard to say.
11. What is the best life advice you can give your followers?
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
Victoria's Questions1. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
I Love Lucy
2. What is it that you "get" out of blogging?
A sense of release.
3. What is your favorite book? Why?
Probably Anthem by Ayn Rand. I'm a fan of dystopias in general. It's so short you can easily read it in one afternoon so I don't even know how many times I've read it.
4. What made you decide to repost this and nominate others?
I figure three nominations is a pretty good sign I should actually get around to doing it haha!
5. What is your favorite memory?
Seeing my DH in person for the first time.
6. What do you do when nobody's watching?
Dance around in my computer chair.
7. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money, and why?
I would of course bring out the big fertility guns, injectibles at the very least and IVF if that didn't work. I would buy a new-to-me car. I would get a much nicer apartment/rented house, but not buy a house as we are looking at moving away from the area in 2014. I would update my wardrobe slightly and get some really nice, supportive bras. The ultimate goal though would be to invest the bulk of it so it could supplement our finances long-term.
8. If you could donate to any charity (any specific charity, or a general cause), what would it be?
Something to do with PCOS or Endo I would imagine, or the Methuselah Foundation.
9. If you could do any job in the world, what would it be?
I just want to be a mom.
10. What do you love most about yourself? List five reasons why.
I am my own person. I like the things I like, and don't like what I don't. I'm a nerd, but I like Doctor Who because it is entertaining not because I feel I should. I also like Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco even though I know I shouldn't. I don't care if my decisions are popular or not. For the most part I don't even care if people like me or not.
11. Chocolate or vanilla?
My Questions1. What is your favorite blog entry (posted by yourself of course) and why?
2. What is your favorite quote?
3. What is your goal for this year?
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
5. Do you know a second (or third, etc) language? If so, what?
6. If you had to pick between bringing 100 books or 100 movies to a deserted island, which would you choose?
7. Apple or Android?
8. What's for dinner?
9. Coffee or tea?
10. If you were to adopt, would it be open or closed?
11. What's the best advice you can give to your followers?
(Yes I know, I stole some of the questions. So sue me.)
NominationsA Passage to Baby
Bits and Pieces
My Life with Porh and Other Craziness
Dancing My Way Through Life, Loss, and Books
Every Little Beautiful Pieces
Waiting for my Bun
Our Journey from "Us Two" to a Family
Against All Odds We Did It
My Violet Thoughts