|source: Mean Mommy Academy|
Vickilicious at The Greek Housewife has nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award! For those that don't know, this award is given to up and coming bloggers by other recipients. During my research I found the cut-off for follower numbers to be between 200-2000. The rules are that I must now state 11 things about myself, answer 11 questions written by my nominator, and then nominate 11 other bloggers who will answer my own 11 questions.
11 Things About Me1. I am partial to zebra print. I have zebra print converse, a zebra print cowboy hat, a zebra print pillowcase, and a zebra print wallet. I used to have a zebra print purse but it fell apart on me. I'm always looking for a new one though.
2. I have a cotton phobia. Cotton clothing is usually okay unless I think about it too much. I cannot deal with cotton balls though. Certain blankets or warmer clothing can be problematic. I have to do a feel test for socks before I buy them. I think this is probably because I had really bad eczema as a kid, and the cotton snags on it. I'm going to stop thinking about it now before I have to change my clothes.
3. I have a low tolerance for alcohol/medication. I can't drink because I'm a super light weight. Like, really really lightweight. I wouldn't anyway because I think it tastes terrible and don't see the point, but this is a nice back up reason. Some people like to say "oh, well sure, every other drink tastes terrible but this one tastes awesome! TRY IT!" So then I can tell them I can't because I would probably pass out. I also have to be really careful about things like pain medication. Now that I've been on so much of it things are a bit better, but at first I would have to cut my lortabs in half. It's really helpful because I can usually take something a little less heavy duty than what others would need.
4. I love I Love Lucy. No, I wasn't stuttering. It's one of my favorite shows. Just recently my husband bought me three seasons on DVD from Walmart which is awesome. I even dyed my hair red so I could go as her for Halloween one year.
5. I (used to) play the flute. My older sister took up the flute when she was in sixth grade, so I decided I would as well two years later. I was terrible at it for most of school until I became best friends with someone who was one of those child prodigies (and now is a band director). With some tutoring I became one of the best flutists in my high school band. I haven't picked my flute up in years though, actually I'm not sure where it is...
6. Pickles are my favorite food. I really, really like pickles. One year I got a 5 gallon bucket of pickles for my birthday. It was awesome. I like to eat them as a snack. Walmart makes some of the best pickles, which is fortunate since they're pretty cheap and I go through a lot of them. Claussen, the brand kept in the refrigerated section, will always be my favorite though.
7. I met my husband on WoW. Yes, that's right, the video game. We're pretty nerdy. I met him by accident while trying to kill dragons in a sunken troll temple. We became friends and he eventually convinced me that we had something more. He moved from when he lived 8 hours away to my town so we could be together.
8. My favorite author is Peter S. Beagle. I met him once at Dragoncon and it was an incredible experience. Some people you meet and your opinion of them goes down, but not him. He's an amazing story teller. Really he's the picture perfect grandpa that you just want to tell you stories every night before you go to sleep. He sang to me a Russian song about a girl named Natasha (my first name) who would dance and try to sing on bar tables after she had a few.
9. I love musicals. I've mentioned already my love for Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Fiddler on the Roof, Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, The Book of Mormon, Sweeney Todd, 1776, Rent, The Producers, The Pirates of Penzance, Jesus Christ Superstar... I think you get the picture.
10. I'm self-conscious about my writing. I don't like people to read the stuff I write. This isn't too bad because it feels so informal, I mean stuff like fiction or term papers. I just know people are going to hate it even though I mostly received good grades and compliments. The fear of being a terrible writer actually keeps me from writing.
11. I think I will get and stay pregnant. Until the loss last cycle I really didn't think I would ever conceive. I figured we'd go through this song and dance a few more months, I would eventually get a hysterectomy, and our focus would move to adoption. I didn't have any hope of having a biological child of my own or getting to experience pregnancy. Now I do. now I really think that within the next few months I will get my sticky Rainbow Baby. My new outlook is "it's only a matter of time". I hope I'm not let down.
Wow, this list was harder than I thought it would be! It's also pretty long all by itself, without answering any questions or nominating anyone myself. I think I will save that for another post.